Believe it or not, I never believed in the power of email marketing. Wow was I wrong! After getting some email marketing tips from a mentor I really got serious about building my list.
I now have an email list of thousands who I email every single day. Furthermore, my list is growing and I monitor my email stats on a weekly basis.
A few months ago my email open and click-through rates had decreased. Not too sure why but consequently I came up with some new email marketing strategies that really improved my results.
These 6 email tips have been tried and tested and have increased my email open and click-through rates as much as 25%. You may have already heard of some of these strategies but some of them are very new and a bit left
1. Subject Line – Using An Email Subject Line Tester
Subject lines can make or break you. A bad subject line can get your emails impounded into SPAM or just not peak the interest of your list. A good email subject line can dramatically increase your open rates. As much as 56%!
The last couple of months I’ve been using a free email subject line tester called…well; Subject Line. Subject Line gives marketers a better understanding of what will generate increased response rates and improved inbox deliverability.
The tool is based on 3 billion+ email messages that have been sent and tracked via Subject Line’s partners and clients. Over 800 rules are tested that evaluate filtering and deliverability issues as well as marketing and performance-related concerns. It’s very simple and easy to use.
Just enter in your subject line and click “Evaluate”. Subject lines are scored out of 100. I’ve found that open rates still improve even if the score is 90 or above.
This tool will prompt you what needs to be improved and sometimes it is as simple as changing a word or adding more urgency.
Just a few tweaks can make winning subject lines.
I’ve also tested the email swipes from affiliate offers and found that quite a lot of those subject lines needed tweaking in order to get 100/100 on Subject Line. This is just one of the email marketing tips that can make a huge difference to your open rate. Test out your email subject lines today. Go to http://subjectline.com/
BONUS TIP –
17% increase in open rate when an email subject line is personalized.
2. Emojis – Subject Line and TextEmojis are a huge part of social media and has become a popular online language. We use emojis in social media all the time and now in email. Putting an Emoji at the start and finish of your subject line makes your email stand out amongst all the other boring emails. As you can see in the example below; putting a “red dot” emoji at the front and end of the subject line can make your email stand out. 🔴Easy $105.60 A Day In Just 24 Hrs🔴 To add the emojis to my email on the desktop I use a free site which you can get HERE. Some emojis I’ve tried get a better open rate. These are the ones that have worked really well 🔴😍🤑😥💎❌but you can pretty much test any emoji you like. Keep in mind the holidays in the year. An ❤ emoji on Valentine’s Day can have a huge impact on your open rates. There is a lot of controversy and buzz about using emojis in emails. Depending on your industry and type of email I think you do need to be a bit cautious about emoji use in the email text. Don’t bombard your email with emojis as it will look like a personal email or something you would post on social media. Instead, use an emoji or two to highlight some key points or phrases in your copy. Or drive attention to your call-to-action.
3. Story WritingStory-based emails can help you sell stuff like crazy! Once you know how to write them, it’s not actually that difficult. So what do you write about?? Anything and everything. Write stories that are about you and what make YOU unique. Stories help your audience relate to you and create a bond with them. It gives them an insight into the type of person you are. Your story doesn’t even have to be related to selling it can be a funny story or something in the news that has peaked your interest. Delilah sent me an email the other day that went like this….. Subject Line – 🐍OMG… there is a snake in my kitchen or “The King Of Email” Ben Martin who sent me this email Subject Line – 2 reasons why people think I’m a douchebag Totally unrelated subjects and stories to what they were promoting but you can pretty much relate anything to an offer or promotion. The Snake story that Delilah used was how her cat brought a snake into the kitchen. She told the story then swung the story around to “And the next thing you know you have spent your life savings on internet marketing snake oil” then proceeds to talk about her offer. Pretty clever right? Give story writing emails a try and see how your results improve.
4. Emoji Website Link
This strategy is about using a different link to your offer and that link is an Emoji domain name.
Emoji popularity has grown so huge as a universal language; it was only a matter of time before we saw usage in domain addresses.
With emoji domains you can mix text and emojis to create the ideal domain for your business.
Here is one of my emoji domains make💰online👍.ws
I used this domain in my emails and forwarded the domain to my affiliate links.
I increase the font of the domain so it stands out and I have seen a 25% increase in click-throughs by using this email strategy.
You can get really inventive with your domains and apply it to your product or brand.
Like Coca-Cola did below…..
5. Split Testing Email Subject LinesSplit testing headlines is a great way to maximize winning emails and Autoresponders like Aweber are making it easier to create. Aweber is the autoresponder I use and I’ve been using their split-test feature for a while now to maximize my open and click through rates on emails. Create a broadcast then choose “Split Test” and then choose emails you want to split test. You can test different variations of Headline and Body of Email. I then send to a smaller portion of my list like a few hundred and then I view the results. The winning variation then gets sent out to the remainder of my list. Using this email marketing tip can increase your open rates significantly. I have seen open rates improve by 15-20%!
6. Optimizing Your Email for Mobile
With 55.6% of all emails opened on mobile devices, it is important that your create your emails to be optimized for mobile.
These are my tips for optimizing emails for mobile –
✅Shorten your subject line – Long email subject lines get cut off when viewing on mobile. Make sure your email subject line is 25-20 characters.
✅Bigger Fonts – Your text needs to be readable on any device. Choose 22-24pt for your title and 14-16pt for the text and use standard fonts that most email clients will support – Times New Roman, Courier New, Tahoma and Ariel.
✅Call To Action – Highlighting your CTA, creating a button or enlarging the fonts will make your call to action stand out on mobile and increase your click-through rate.
✅Shorter Paragraphs – Make your paragraphs shorter and easy to read.
✅Preheader text – Nearly 30% of people look at the preheader text before opening an email. So put some effort into writing your preheaders which is the first 40-50 characters in your email.
✅Responsive email templates – Most autoresponders have a selection of responsive email templates you can use. Or you can check out these 32 Responsive Email Templates.
✅Test Your Emails – This is the most important step. Send yourself a test email and view it on mobile. Check that images, CTA’s are easily viewed.
There are so many email marketing tips you can implement to increase conversions. These tried and tested strategies are what has worked for me and what I will be using moving into 2019.
📩 Use a subject line checker to optimise our subject line.
📩 Increase your use of Emojis in your subject line and email body text. (be careful of overuse)
📩 Connect more with your email list by writing story based emails.
📩 Try using an emoji domain as your offer link.
📩 Split test different emails.
📩 Optimize for mobile.