Inspiring Work From Home Motivation
Motivation is key when working from home. If you have a home business and sometimes you feel unfilled or even depressed that things aren’t going your way here are some things you can do to encourage and motivate yourself.
- Think about what gets you excited – not just in your business but outside of your work and your family. What is it that gets YOU excited? Write that down, picture it. Now think what do you need to do to get to that point of where you are excited. Now take action.
- Help someone else – In my business I always find that I get great satisfaction and motivation from helping someone else. Touch base with your customers or team and see how you can help them.
- What are you great at and what do you love doing? – We all know what we love doing and what we are great at. Sometimes when we are not feeling that motivated it is good to take a step back and do something that we know we are going to love and that we are good at. This can be anything that isn’t necessarily related to business.
- Review Your Day – I love reviewing what I have achieved at the end of the day. This can be in your personal life and in your business. I love asking myself “What have I achieved today”. Quite often when I look at what I have achieved I am amazed. Don’t look at what you haven’t done, focus on what you have done. Have you got a new sale, learned something new, spent time with your children, tried a new recipe, caught up with a friend. Whatever it is look for the positive in the day you have just had.
- Talk to someone – When you are working from home all the time it can at times get quite lonely. Take some time out and talk to someone. I love getting on Google Hangout or Skype and talking to my mentors or team under me and talking about how our businesses are going. We quite often throw some ideas around and strategize and after those calls I am so motivated and pumped up. I also love my weekly hangouts with our TDA group. There are people from all around the world coming together to share ideas and motivate each.
- Balance – I talk quite often about balance with my team. Balancing your work and home life is so important. You need to structure your work time and your family or “you” time. It is quite easy to get obsessed with your work and not take time to do other things. Structure your day and your week and include scheduled times for doing other things. In other words work hard and play hard.
- Believe In Yourself – If you are really struggling with problems in your business, take a step back and say what is it I am afraid of. Look at the big picture and believe in yourself. You can figure it out and make it happen. Put the energy out there and believe that things will work out.
There you have my key ideas for motivating yourself. If you have any other ways that you motivate yourself in business then comment below would love to hear from you.